Mom's Bread Pudding
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs beaten (can use eggbeaters as a lower-fat substitute)
2 cups milk (can use 2% milk if desired)
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon to taste
- Remove bread crusts and butter bread.
- Rip bread into several pieces and set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients together (except cinnamon).
- Use I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter to grease baking dish.
- Put bread in greased dish, add liquid mixture, and gently stir to coat bread.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top (as much as desired).
- Cook at 325 degrees for 45 minutes
- Test with a knife at end of 45 mins. If it comes out clean, pudding is done.
I also use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray when making grilled cheese sandwiches. It's zero calories and when coupled with Wonder Smart White Bread (100 calories for 2 slices) and Kraft Fat Free Singles (25 calories a slice) plus anything you might want to add like tomatoes or pickles, it makes for a sandwich you don't feel too guilty eating! Yum!What great ideas Jen- thanks! : )
Alright everyone... I still have 2 coupons to give away! Considering how many readers we have, I know at least 2 of you have some great recipes to share! Don't be shy - we'd love to try some new dishes and share them with everyone else! Email them to me - jen at thriftygrl dot com! : )
I look forward to seeing more recipes - keep them coming!! : )