ThriftyGuy and I just got back from trip #1 to Harris Teeter for triple coupons. Let me warn you: the shelves are getting bare and the cashiers are already acting frustrated (especially when you hand them a fistful of coupons, lol). Anyway, I wanted to share my finds with those of you who live near a Harris Teeter (to find one near you, click here).
Here is what we bought (*remember that any coupons under $0.99 triple*):
- Kellogg's Blueberry Muffin Top Pop Tarts (had to be that flavor for the coupon to work); $2.29 - $0.55 coupon (from Kellogg's Sprinkling's program - click here to sign up; they will send you freebies and coupons!!) = $0.64
- 2 cans Clabber Girl baking powder: $1.59/each - two $0.65/1 coupons (coupons printed from SmartSource; not sure if it's still available) = FREE
- 2 Franks Red Hot Sauce; $1.59 each - two $.50/1 coupons = $0.18
- 6 cans Carnation Evaporated Milk; $0.69 each - three $0.50/2 coupons = FREE
- Texas Toast Chili Lime Tortilla Strips; $1.99 - $0.55 coupon = $0.34
- 2 packages Wacky Mac Pasta; $1.55 each - two $0.50/1 coupons = $0.10
- Harris Teeter 5lb bag of sugar; on sale for $0.99 with VIC card
- 2 packs of Mentos Gum; $1.49 each - two $0.55/1 coupons = FREE
- 2 pouches Starkist Tuna; on sale $1.25 each - two $0.50/1 coupons = FREE
- Argo Corn Starch; $1.29 - $0.40/1 coupon = $0.09
- Lettuce shreds; $1.89
- 2 Fleishman's Pizza Crust Yeast (2 strips); $0.99 each - two $0.50/1 coupons = FREE
- 2 Fleishman's Yeast (1 strip of Active Dry, 1 strip of Rapid Rise); $0.99 each - two $0.40/1 coupons = FREE
- Hamburger (we bought about 4lbs); on sale for $1.59/lb!
Total Spent: $11.78
Total Saved: $33.98
All in all, I'd say not too bad! Especially considering that the hamburger and lettuce made up $8 of the bill, lol!
We tend to hit up triples quite a few times during the course of the week it's running (as many of you know, it's hard to use *just* 20 coupons!!) I'll let you know of the upcoming deals we find! Feel free to share yours! : )